How often do you conduct complete testing of your power generation equipment? The simple answer should be regularly -- you must implement generator testing services at least annually to ensure your systems will function properly in a disaster. The exact frequency for your organization’s testing will depend on the type of facility, the equipment manufacturer’s guidelines, your company’s maintenance standards and the impact a business interruption would have on your operation.
Too often, facilities managers fail to adequately test their power generation equipment to uncover system weaknesses. As a result, they lack a full understanding of the risks they face should a utility power outage occur. However, generator testing services using load banks provide numerous benefits:
- Load bank testing ensures proper generator performance under full loads and validates the system is performing to design specifications.
- Backup systems can be tested without shutting down the entire facility to switch to generator power.
- Regular load bank testing of generators prevents exhaust wet stacking of unburned diesel fuel.
- Generator testing services confirm any modifications to existing structures will not affect the backup power system’s operation.
- Load bank testing helps uncover defects in the power backup system that otherwise may not be found until a power outage. Discovering issues during testing allows you to correct them before your facility has a critical need.
Download Comrent’s Latest eBook…
For a detailed discussion on load bank testing, download Comrent’s latest eBook – “Resistive vs Reactive – Reasons to Choose Reactive Load Bank Testing Solutions.” This resource will discuss the importance of using load bank testing for a facility’s entire emergency power generation system. It will provide an overview of load bank testing, explain the different types of load banks and outline the most beneficial load bank solutions for most applications.
Comrent’s team of experts is ready to help ensure your system is successfully commissioned. We are offering a complimentary consultation to review your project and propose the right load bank solution for your requirements. Contact us today.