Load bank testing is the most effective way to ensure your data center functions properly from onset and throughout the life of the facility. When searching for a load bank expert, it can be difficult to understand the differences between providers and what requirements are needed for a specific data center. We have provided a list of questions you should ask to ensure you select the right load bank provider for your data center commissioning project.
Accessible & Reliable Equipment
Data centers are complex networks that rely on a strong infrastructure. Every critical power system needs to be tested as an individual component and within the system as a whole. Selecting a load bank provider that has the required equipment available to meet those needs means never having to wait for testing or delay opening.
Questions to ask a load bank provider to gauge the accessibility and reliability of their equipment:
- How large is your inventory and what type of load banks do you have in stock?
- What is your typical delivery timeline?
- Do you have the proper equipment to test multiple components at once to ensure the entire system is operating correctly?
- What safeguards do you use to make sure your equipment is reliable to use after transportation?
- What step do you take if a product is damaged during delivery?
A thorough data center commissioning load test will include testing of the generators, paralleling switchgears, Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) equipment, batteries, cooling systems, and Power Distribution Units (PDUs). A full-service load bank provider will serve as an industry expert and consultant. The right provider understands the data center market, builds a customized testing plan, and manages each test, reducing labor requirements and lowering associated costs.
Questions to ask a load bank provider to gauge their full-service offerings:
- What is your experience load testing data centers?
- How will you ensure all of the testing specifications of my data center commissioning RFP are met?
- If my team is not familiar with testing via load bank, what training do you offer?
- What safety precautions do you take to ensure all on-site personnel is safe?
Comprehensive Load Testing
A data center is made up of multiple critical components. An experienced load bank provider will deliver solutions of varying voltages and capabilities for variable testing. Partner with a load bank expert to ensure thorough testing.
Questions to ask a load bank provider to gauge their testing capacity:
- Will you build a customized testing plan for my data center commissioning project?
- Do you test the bus track, RPP, UPS, generator, rack mounts, and substations for peak performance?
Partnering with the right load bank provider offers a faster, less expensive, safer, and more reliable load testing solution for project commissioning and preventive maintenance. Comrent is a worldwide leader in load bank solutions, specializing in data center commissioning. Contact us today to get a complimentary consultation.